Chamounix Equestrian Program offers public riding lessons for both adults and children from April through December. Lessons are held rain or shine
Please note our rates changed in January 2020
Hello Chamounix Family,
Chamounix Stable is continuing to operate with the CDC’s restrictions and guidelines with social distancing in mind.
- Private Lessons 65.00 per hour
- Group lessons limited to 3 people per time slot ($200/$250 monthly)
- Semi Private lesson (2) people 55.00
Riding Lessons are offered under the following conditions; please review the new policies carefully:
- Clients will meet their instructor in the arena.
- Instructors will prepare your horse for riding and return your horse to the barn and un-tack after the lesson is over.
- A $10 tacking fee per lesson per person should be tipped to your instructor directly. Some instructors may have a cash app that you can use instead of cash.
- IF you need to come into the barn please wear a face covering and respect social distancing.
- Client and Instructor may drop face covering once they are outside and maintaining social distancing.
- Instructors will maintain at least a 6 foot distance at all time
* Riders will be permitted to enter the barn to retrieve a helmet. Helmets are to be left with the instructor so that she may sanitize them before returning them to the tack room. Parents may help their child if they need help fitting and securing the helmet.
Be sure to review our riding guidelines: Rider Policy Handout (PDF)
We have a friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff, who endeavor to provide riders with an exciting, educational and safe horseback riding experience. We have literally started hundreds of beginners, both adults and children, and know how to make learning fun! Our outstanding selection of professionally trained school horses enables us to provide safe and gentle mounts for beginning riders and more challenging horses for advanced riders. All riders are under close supervision in our enclosed outdoor ring.
** Please note that riding levels are subject to change to accommodate rider needs. Please contact the office if you are not sure which level you belong. ** Credit or Debit cards will charged a 5.00 user fee
NOTE: NO REFUNDS OR MAKE UP LESSONS
Please make sure you can make all lessons before signing up for monthly lessons. All you need to get started is a pair of boots with heels.
Instructions for Registration
If you were unable to take your lesson in April 2020 we will honor your credit.
Email is still the best way to send registration. If necessary registration forms may be left on the office door.
If you would like to reserve a lesson we request payment in advance. You can pay through PayPal ( email@example.com), call the office to pay with credit card or drop a check in the mail ahead of time. We would like to reduce any need for contact.
We realize that grooming and tacking a horse is a major part of horsemanship and intrinsic to the riding experience but at this time we feel the safest option is for instructors to groom and tack. The upside to having your horse in the ring ready to go is that you will spend more time in the saddle!
- Instructors will wipe down all the equipment in between classes if a horse is used back to back, and after every lesson.
- Riders are requested to wash their hands/sanitize before and after riding. We will have lots of soap available in the bathrooms.
- The barn door and bathroom door is open to decrease handle touching.
Classes are subject to change. For more information or to sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 877-4419