Some of our accomplishments over the past 17 years....
- 1999 Work to Ride made history with the first African-American Polo team in the nation.
- 2003 Work to Ride was featured on HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.
- 2004 Work to Ride was featured in Sports Illustrated by acclaimed sports writer Gary Smith.
- 2005 Work to Ride won the Eastern Regional Interscholastic Polo tournament and Advanced to the National Tournament.
- 2005 Work to Ride’s Jabarr Rosser was voted #1 National All Star player.
- 2006 Work to Ride was featured on HBO’s Real Sports for an update on the 2003 airing
- Work to Ride included in The Horse exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History , NY, NY
- 2008-2012 WTR team compete in the Unicef Cup Charity Shield, Nigeria, Africa
- 2010 Sydney Rutledge and Teeny Jeannie win DVPTP small pony championship
- 2011 Cowtown/WTR wins National Interscholastic Polo Championship becoming the 1st African American team to do so
- 2011 WTR’s Kareem Rosser and Daymar Rosser #1 and #3 National Interscholastic All Stars
- 2011 WTR’s Kareem Rosser awarded Polo Training Foundation Male Interscholastic Polo Player of the year
- 2011 WTR’s Kareem Rosser featured on ESPN’s E60
- 2011 WTR’s Kareem Rosser selected for the Team USPA 2012
- Cowtown/WTR wins 2012 National Interscholastic Polo Championship 2nd year in a row!
- 2012 Cowtown/WTR's Daymar Rosser and Julia Smith #2 & #3 National All Stars
- 2012 WTR’s Kareem Rosser and Nacho Figueras with Lara Logan on 60 Minutes
Work to Ride Fundraiser 2016 is here !!!
WTR Annual Polo Benefit
"Wild, Wild West"
This annual event is our primary fundraiser and will be on
Saturday October 1st at the Tinicum Polo Fields, located on
River Road in Upper Black Eddy PA. Join us (rain or shine) for a full
day of food and drinks in the VIP tent or pack up the car and let us see your best rendition of " Wild, Wild West" for the tailgate competition.
Sponsorship is a rewarding way to give while also promoting your
business. Get tickets to the Benefit Event, free advertising in the
Souviner program and more for your generosity.